Savvy Social Security Planning for Women
Social Security is one of the few income sources that keeps up with inflation and lasts for life. But most women fail to maximize their benefits because they don't understand the little-known rules that can help them get more out of the system.
This workshop will cover:
- How much Social Security you stand to receive over your lifetime
- How the decisions you make in your 60s can determine the amount of income you'll have in your 80s
- How to take advantage of spousal benefits, survivor benefits, divorced-spouse benefits, and even divorced-spouse survivor benefits
- How to coordinate your own retirement benefit with benefits you might receive as a spouse or divorced spouse
- Why women who are married should make the decision about when their husbands should apply for Social Security
- Why you should consider your husband's life expectancy when deciding when to claim your own retirement benefit.
- What to do if your husband or ex-husband dies
- What to do if your marital status changes
- How to plan for the extra-long life
This workshop is for women and for men who have women in their lives (wives, sisters, mothers). It features essential information all women need to have if they are concerned about financial security in retirement.
Eden Prairie Community Education www.edenpr.org/epcommunityed
Robert Davis, CFP®, President
Financial Compass Corporation
Robert Davis is President of Financial Compass Corporation (FCC), a fee-based, Minnesota Registered
Investment Advisory firm.
He graduated from Mankato State University in 1985 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business. Robert served in the U.S. Peace Corps in Santiago, Dominican Republic from 1986 – 1989 as a Small Enterprise Development volunteer. In 1996, he received his M.S. from Michigan State University.
In 1998, Robert began his financial planning career with an independent financial planning firm. In 2003, he received his Certified Financial Planner ™ designation. He has actively pursued his education ever since, participating in numerous professional study programs and completing numerous advanced courses in the financial advisory field.
Robert holds Series 7, 63, and 66 NASD investment licenses. He is a Certified Financial Planner practitioner, an active member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), and an active member of the Garret Planning Network, a nationally renowned network of dedicated financial planners, who provide all American’s access to financial planning by offering their services on an hourly basis.
Robert teaches classes in the areas of Social Security Planning, IRA Distribution Planning, Cyber Security, and for young professionals.