Eagle Zone School Age Care
Essential Childcare will be provided for Eden Prairie Schools enrolled children, in Kindergarten through Age 12, who are the children of critical workers in Tier 1 of the state critical worker list. Essential Childcare will be available at all elementary sites, during the normal school hours for each site. In addition, we offer before and after school care, in addition to full-day care options (depending on the learning model our district is in).
- Eagle Zone requires a completed contract during the registration process, with a minimum of 1 day per week, and a consistent schedule required from week to week throughout the season.
- Submitting a contract does not guarantee enrollment. Your contract must be reviewed and approved prior to confirmation of enrollment. All contracts will be reviewed with a determination within five business days.
- Dates: August 31 - December 23, 2020 (Registration for the remainder of the school year will be decided based on district decisions surrounding COVID-19 parameters, and possible transition to in person learning following winter break. More information to follow.)
- Grades: K-6 in the Fall 2020
- Fees: $15.75/session (Before/After School), $18.00/session (Drop in's Before/After School). Minimum 2-days a week, and consistent schedule required week to week throughout season. Fees include a morning and afternoon snack.
- Hours: 6:30 am - start of school day, end of school day - 6:00 pm
Virtual Fridays or Distance Learning Full-Day Care:
On Virtual Learning Fridays we intend to offer fee based full day care (6:30 AM - 6:00 PM) to families who do not qualify as Tier 1 families, but this option will be based on staffing and physical/social distancing requirements. The cost for this care is $55/day.
Distance Learning full-day care will be available in a distance learning model if staffing and physical/social distancing requirements allow for it. This is also fee based full day care (6:30 AM - 6:00 PM) for families who do not qualify as Tier 1 families. The cost for this care is based on a full-day fee structure of attending 1 day=$55/day, 2 days=$50/day, 3 days = $45/day, 4 days=$40/day, 5 days=$35/day.
Tier 1 Essential Childcare
Essential childcare will be offered at no cost to families who qualify as Tier 1 employees during the school day, Monday through Friday. The care will open 15 minutes prior to the start of the school day and close 15 minutes after the school day ends. The full list of occupations who are considered to be Tier 1 families can be found here.
If you require before and/or after school care to supplement the school day care hours, you must register for fee based before and/or after school for those days as well. You will be charged the normal daily rates for before and/or after school care.
Proof of qualification as a Tier 1 Essential Employee will be required before your contract is approved by submitting the below documentation to Robin Price, email@example.com. Your contract will not be approved without these documents. No exceptions!
- a signed letter from your employer on company letterhead dated within the last two weeks
- a current pay stub dated within the last two weeks
- your occupation must be included on the Tier 1 Essential occupations list
*This is not required for internal employees of Eden Prairie Schools. The verification process of active employment for employees of the Eden Prairie School District will be handled by our program staff.